- This event has passed.
Asia in Focus is looking for a new student assistant
June 15, 2017 - 08:00-17:00
Are you interested in scientific writing and academic publishing? Asia in Focus needs a student assistant from August 2017 to support the editorial team.
Asia in Focus is published by a young, motivated and international team of editors from a variety of backgrounds, all with an interest in Asia. We all work on a voluntary basis, and that means we are in this because we care about it. You will be part of the team as a volunteer, participating in all meetings, supporting the entire work cycle of the bi-annual publication. You will work closely together with the managing editor.
A structured person with an eye for detail, who can keep a grand overview of the process and status of each issue, and reliably solve administrative tasks, including:
• Email communication with editors and authors
• Webpage management (familiarity with WordPress required)
• Support with final layout (familiarity with InDesign required)
• Take and distribute minutes from editorial meetings
• Assist with funding applications
• Maintain and update the catalogue of internal and external reviewers in Excel
Deadline for application: 15 June 2017
We look forward to hearing from you.