- This event has passed.
Call for Papers – International Conference on National Human Rights Institutions in Southeast Asia: Challenges of Protection
May 15, 2017
Deadline for Abstracts Extended to 15 May 2017
Asia Centre invites the submission of abstracts on the role of national human rights institutions (NHRIs) in Southeast Asia in protecting human rights. We welcome submissions from specialists in this field, including by former and current practitioners in the region’s NHRIs.
• NHRIs, international human rights system and networks
• NHRIs in the national context
• NHRIs and regional human rights system and networks
• NHRIs and human rights protection
• Convene researchers working on human rights in Southeast Asia
• Exchange views among the authors researching the NHRIs in Southeast Asia
• Publish the outcomes in a special issue journal and/or an edited book
• Contribute to the academic literature on NHRIs and human rights in Southeast Asia
Deadline for abstracts: 15 May 2017