- This event has passed.
Asian Futures: From the Asian to the Indo-Pacific Century?
June 16, 2021 - 10:00-11:30
Click here to register for the event.
Date/Time: 16 June 2021/10:00-11:30 CEST
An Asian Futures Public Seminar
The ‘Indo-Pacific’ has recently emerged as a central geopolitical concept, arguably replacing Asia and the Asia-Pacific in contemporary strategic discourse. Initially associated with the so-called ‘Quad’ (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue) consisting of Japan, India, Australia and the United States, the ‘Indo-Pacific’ is now part of broader attempts to reorder of global geopolitical lines, security and alliance patterns, political alignments, economic infrastructures, and the wider land/sea-scape. This Asian Futures roundtable brings together scholars from Europe, India and Japan to discuss the implications of this shift towards the ‘Indo-Pacific’.
- Akio Takahara, Professor, Graduate School of Public Policy, Tokyo University
- S.D. Muni, Professor Emeritus, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Premesha Saha, Associate Fellow, Observer Research Foundation
- Peter Marcus Kristensen, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Copenhagen
- Ravinder Kaur, Associate Professor, Modern India and South Asia Studies, University of Copenhagen
- Jørgen Delman, Professor Emeritus, China Studies, University of Copenhagen