The Nordic Institute of Asian Studies (NIAS) is addressing a range of current and future challenges. We need an assistant director to work on implementing our new strategy and diversifying our sources of income. The position is available from 1 January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. Because of budgetary considerations, this is a temporary position until 31 December 2023.
About the job (Tasks)
You will report to the Institute Director.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing e-NIAS, the online operations of the Institute
- Overseeing our SUPRA programme, under which graduate students and academics visit NIAS, either virtually or in person
- Working closely with NIAS Press as our publishing operation transitions to a new business model
- Collaborating with NIAS LINC, our platform of electronic resources, as we explore new modes of delivery for our partners
- Co-ordinating the very successful Nordic Asia Podcast channel
- Maintaining communications with our Nordic NIAS Council partners
- Creating online and in-person events, including an annual conference
- Overseeing NIAS social media channels and messaging, and communication with media outlets
- Co-ordinating of grant, fellowship and funding applications
- Liaising with Departmental and Faculty staff on financial and administrative matters
- Managing the work of our student assistants
- Promoting the smooth running of the Institute.
- Other duties as required by the Director.
Read more and apply for the position here.