- This event has passed.
CfA: EATS Research and Publication Grant 2021
March 31, 2021
The EATS Research and Publication Grant for the year 2021 is now open for applications. The grant supports a wide range of activities relevant to Taiwan Studies, as proposed by the applicant, involving research or publication done before 31st December 2021. Grants are up to €500 maximum per application, subject to EATS finances.
EATS members currently enrolled for a master’s degree, MPhil or PhD, as well as those who are not in full-time employment, are eligible to apply. To become a member of EATS, visit here. Past recipients are ineligible. One applicant may submit only one application.
Previous uses for this grant:
- To conduct interviews and participant observation.
- To visit libraries and archives.
- To undertake other data collection activities.
As the COVID-19 pandemic makes fieldwork activities difficult, applicants are encouraged to present alternatives.
For 2021, we include the following:
- Expenses for publishing to open access publications, for tasks such as proofreading.
- The purchase of books, media and other research material.
- Expenses for working on podcast series, including the creation of video material on Taiwan, which must be open access.
- Due to the pandemic, EATS is flexible with time changes, etc, once the grant has been awarded.
Application procedure and workshop report
Send applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc Dr Jens Damm email@example.com) with the subject Application for EATS Research and Publication Grant. The deadline for submission is 31st March 2021.
Successful applicants are required to submit a final report to EATS within one month of the completion of the funded work. The report will be published in the EATS Newsletter. Past EATS News can be found here. Past EATS awardees can be found here.
More information can be found here.