CfA: MOFA Taiwan Fellowship
June 30, 2021
The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. The annual application period is from May 1 to June 30 (for grants for Jan. – Dec. the following year).
I. Financial assistance
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, and other candidates recommended by ROC (Taiwan) missions: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (not applicable to those already doing research in Taiwan. The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are three to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
- Applicants shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, or same-level research fellows from academic institutions abroad who specialize in social sciences or humanities related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, or other aspects of Chinese studies.
- Applicants recommended by ROC (Taiwan) overseas missions with a field of study on Taiwan’s foreign relations or cross-strait relations
- For more information, please visit Taiwan Fellowship official website: http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/
- Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library: http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/
- Contact person: Ms. Elaine Wu
- Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317
- Fax: +886-2-2371-2126
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org