- This event has passed.
CfA on a rolling basis: The Wang Gungwu Visiting Fellows Programme
March 26, 2021
The Wang Gungwu Visiting Fellows Programme honours Professor Wang Gungwu, former Chairman of the Board of Trustees at ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute (ISEAS) for his distinguished tenure of 17 years and for his key contributions in nurturing a strong culture of research excellence at ISEAS.
The programme aims to build the next generation of scholars and policy makers exploring the nexus of big-power relations and its impact on Southeast Asia, through policy relevant and contemporary research on international politics and security, regional economics and digital technology, in the following priority areas of research:
- Developments in US-China relations and their impact on Southeast Asia
- Asia Pacific Security issues i.e. South China Sea, China-ASEAN relations
- Progress and prospects of global/regional economic cooperation initiatives like the Belt and Road Initiative and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- Rise of China and its impact on Southeast Asian communities
- Use of digital media and technology by countries to further their interests and influence perceptions in Southeast Asian countries
For: Pre-and post-doctoral research fellows and mid-career policy makers
Duration: Minimum of 2 months, up to a period of 6 months. Successful applicants are expected to be in residence at ISEAS for the duration of their fellowship.
Read more here.