- This event has passed.
ChinaTalk and Panel Debate: AIIB – Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
August 27, 2018 - 15:30-17:00
In collaboration with the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ThinkChina and the University of Copenhagen are proud to invite you to a ChinaTalk lecture and panel debate on the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) featuring its Danish treasurer, Mr. Søren Elbech, as the main speaker. The event will take place at Asia House and will focus on why Denmark decided to join the AIIB, China’s motives behind wanting to create the AIIB and lastly how the AIIB works in the landscape of international development financing.
- Welcome moderator, Professor Wusheng Yu, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen.
- Why did Denmark join the AIIB? Jesper S. Thomsen, Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Danish Representative at the Board of Directors, AIIB
- What were China’s motives behind AIIB? Professor Jørgen Delman, China Studies, University of Copenhagen.
- AIIB in the landscape of international development financing – what is the added value? Main speaker Søren Elbech, AIIB
- Q&A debate panel with Søren Elbech, Jørgen Delman og Jesper S. Thomsen moderated by Wusheng Yu
Please note that registration is required.