- This event has passed.
Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop
May 30, 2020 - 00:37
Guideline for 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop
The National Library of Korea(NLK) carries out a preliminary demand survey on people of interests before holding 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop.
If those who want to participate in workshop fill in and submit demand survey form until Sunday, April 14 via e-mail or fax.
We welcome your participation.
After completing the form, please send it to:
Fax: +82 25906329
The NLK carries out a preliminary demand survey to hold 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop on overseas Koreanology librarians and researchers and records management administrator.
The NLK’s Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop marks 6th anniversary this year since it has been held in 2005 for the first time. The NLK’s Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop this year will be held for six days from Sunday, October 20 to Saturday, October 26 in the NLK. More details for the workshop are as follows:
- Date : from Sunday, October 20 to Saturday, October 26
- Place : The National Library of Korea (Banpo-Dong, Seoul)
The NLK’s Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop includes programs designed for Koreanology librarians and researchers to develop general skills. Specifically, the program is about effective search of sources and management of collected resources related to Koreanology.
With the influence of “Korea Waves” there has been a growing interest in Korea and Korean culture in the world. In light of this by collecting, organizing and managing information and materials related to Korea systemically, we need to cultivate specialists of Koreanology information service for the next generation.
In line with that The NLK’s Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop provides records management administrators, Koreanology researchers and librarians dealing with Korean materials and information abroad with supports to improve their skills. Hopefully, this will contributes to the construction of a close network of the attendees.
The NLK’s Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop is held for overseas Koreanology researchers and librarians with experiences of dealing with collecting, managing and servicing Korean materials.
- Those who have experiences of dealing with Korean materials in libraries and research institutions abroad (librarians and records management administrators).
– Koreanology researchers
– Those who are able to attend a lecture in English or Korea
– Those recommended by the head of departments where they belong
– Those who stay in Korea during the time of workshop are not subject to attend this workshop.
– Those who visit Korea for the participation of other programs are not subject to attend this workshop.
1) Understanding of libraries and Koreanology materials
2) Understanding of Korean culture and history
3) Acquisition of Koreanology research methodology and utilizations of referential sources
※ Lecture program can be changed depending on survey results.
Field trips and tours
Meeting for field trip report for the NLK including other institutions
Exploration and experiencing of Korean culture (museums and ancient palace)
※ Field trips and tours will be arranged based on survey results and cooperation of organizations in partnership.
Carrying out a survey and gathering for nurturing networks.
■ The NLK will cover:
– Room charges, Welcome and farewell meals, costs for the exploration of Korean culture
■ All participants must pay for their own flight fares, traveler insurance premium, transportation fees and costs of meals.
Please kindly submit completed demand survey form via e-mail or fax if you want to attend 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop.
- Submission Deadline: Sunday, April 14, 2013
- Documentation to be submitted: A demand survey form
- The completed survey form will be received via email or fax only. Please send it to:
International Cooperation and Public Relations Team
The National Library of Korea
Fax: +82 25906329
- Demand survey : March 22 ~ April 14, 2013
- Establish detailed plans for based on demand survey results: April 2013
- Invite, select and notify applicants for 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop : May ~ June, 2013
- Hold 2013 Overseas Koreanology Librarian Workshop: October 20 ~ October 26, 2013
- Personal details will be used only for the purpose of workshop.
– Submitted documents won’t be returned.
– Submission of application form for demand survey and queries.
– Please kindly send application form and queries to below address.
Fax: +82 25906329
Demand survey :