(GMT+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
Join us for a webinar on regional studies in the Nordic countries hosted by the Nordic Africa Institute and the Nordic Institute of Asian Studies. The webinar is primarily targeted to librarians, but it is also relevant for Nordic researchers with a focus on Africa or Asia.
Nordic Africa Institute and Nordic Institute on Asian Studies work with strengthening the study of Africa and Asia in the Nordic countries. Both institutes function since 1960s as hubs where students and researchers find expertise, scholarships, networks and library resources for respectively area. The primary target groups, students and researchers are affiliated with Nordic universities/higher educational institutions. The libraries work in various ways to connect to target groups to inform about their respectively services.
Take the opportunity to learn more of how NAI and NIAS can support your users with a focus on Africa and Asia.
– Why does regional studies matter? / Professor Eleanor Fischer, Head of research, Nordic Africa Institute
Regional studies – from a teacher’s´ perspective:
– African studies / Professsor Amanda Hammar, Center for African Studies, University of Copenhagen
– Asian Studies / Ass. Professor Marie Højlund Roesgaard, Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, University of Copenhagen
Distance library services /to the Nordic countries:
– Nordic Africa Institute Library
– Nordic Institute of Asian Studies library
The webinar is free and open for all, attendance by registration.
More information & registration here
Nordic Africa Institute
Nordic Institute of Asian Studies