- This event has passed.
Research positions at Academia Sinica
November 28, 2020 - 23:59
The Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica invites applications for a full-time research position:
- Ranks Available: Assistant Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Research Fellow (positions roughly corresponding to assistant professor, associate professor, and professor at a U.S. university)
Qualifications: Applicants must have a PhD or have defended by the application deadline.(Those who have yet to receive the diploma must provide proof of having passed the oral exam or of the approval of the thesis)
Areas of Specialization: Chinese History, Archaeology, Anthropology, Philology, World History
Please Submit the Following Materials:
- (1) Curriculum vitae (Please download the form from the IHP homepagehttp://www.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/news_page/news03_other2.html)
- (2) A list of academic publications
- (3) Copy of PhD diploma or PhD certification (or proof of having passed the oral exam or review)
- (4) A two- to five-page statement of research
- (5) Two letters of recommendation sent by the recommenders directly to the IHP
- (6) Writing samples from the last five years(up to three publications for the Assistant Research Fellow rank, and up to six for Associate Research Fellow and above).
If a PhD dissertation is to be used, please submit the entire dissertation and not excerpted individual chapters. The Academia Sinica in Taiwan is an all-research institution and the successful applicant can devote all time to research and publications and expect generous research support. Applicants need not publish in Chinese, but the ability to communicate in spoken Chinese is required. Applications must be received no later than March 1, 2013. Please alert by email upon sending an application.
Please send application materials to:
Ms. Ching-fen Chen
Institute of History & Philology, Academia Sinica
128 Academia Road, Section 2; Nankang
Taipei, Taiwan 11529
Tel: 886-2-2782-9555 ext. 240, Fax: 886-2-2783-1815