This are the terms of authorized use of the following databases:
- – China Online Journals (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- – Dissertations of China (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- – Academic Conferences in China (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- – Policies and Laws of China
AUTHORIZED USE OF THE DATABASES
c) Users shall have the right to view the Databases and data contained therein for the purpose of academic research or personal reference. Users shall have the right to print, download, and distribute (in any form, including, but not limited, to printed, electronically relayed, posted to User restricted list services or User restricted bulletin boards, or magnetically stored) Search Results, in whole or in part, provided that Users will distribute to Authorized Users only. Licensee and Authorized Users may use a reasonable amount of the licensed material in the preparation of course packs or other educational material, or for use in connection with specific courses of instruction offered by the authorized member institutions. Licensee or Users shall not duplicate the whole Databases or create subsets or derivative database thereof, except as provided herein.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Users will have the right to distribute data retrieved from the Databases or portions of the Databases obtained by Search Results to third parties as incidental samples for illustrative or demonstration purposes only. Users have the right to utilize bibliographic and abstract data retrieved from the Databases for the purpose of research publication.
Users that are provided by Licensee with access and search functions to Databases may not publish or otherwise disseminate Search Results for commercial use or sale. Licensee recognizes the importance of the Licensor’s maintaining its proprietary rights over the Databases, and of avoiding improper use of the Databases as defined by this Agreement. Licensee shall limit access to authorized users only and shall inform users of the limitations of usage imposed by this Agreement.
d) Searches are hereby specifically licensed and authorized by Licensor. Following use is not permitted:
– duplication of the Databases except as specified herein;
– creation of subsets or derivative databases from the Databases;
– distribution of data retrieved from the Databases in any form (printed, electronically relayed, posted to public list services or bulletin boards, or magnetically stored) to, or for the benefit of, anyone who is not a User, except for incidental samples used for illustrative or demonstration purposes; transfer of the Databases, or any portion thereof, electronically to another computer by way of the Internet, a computer network, or other means to, or for the benefit of, anyone who is not a User, except for incidental samples used for illustrative or demonstration purposes.